Under No Circumstances can someone take a quirk (or skill) with the intention of controlling another character in mind, body, or any other way. You cannot read people, predict their future, tell if they are lying. No one is a fortune teller here.
This is a list of sample quirks available for use or you can create your own.
Some of these are positive and some of them have repercussions that can be used against you by the staff.
ALL of them could possibly be fun!
So when creating a character and are at a loss for what quirks your character may have, feel free to consider some of these!
- Allergy (to substance or condition)
- Borrowed Time (A character with this flaw may die at any time. The character might have a fatal illness, be infected with a slow-acting poison, etc. The characters life span can be measured in months.)
- Color Blind
- Double Jointed
- High Pain Tolerance
- Low Pain Tolerance - Particularly sensitive to pain.
- Paraplegic - Paralized from waist down.
- Quick Healer
- Weak Immune System - More susceptible to infection by disease.
- Absent Minded (Forget names, last time you ate, etc)
- Adventurous (Always ready for adventure whether safe or not)
- Amnesia (varying stages)
- Carries a Grudge (Carries a grudge until they avenge the perceived wrong they have suffered)
- Code of Honor (Firm code of ethics)
- Combat Monster (Irrationally vicious in combat situations)
- Combat Paralysis (Tends to Freeze up in combat situations)
- Compulsive (Variable - Possess some compulsive behavior over which they have little or no control)
- Confused (The world seems a very distorted and twisted place)
- Curiosity (Strong enough to override common sense)
- Daredevil (Too courageous, dangerously so)
- Flashbacks (Memory based sensory hallucinations)
- Good Looking and Knows It (Also means people are more apt to remember you)
- Illiterate - (Cannot read /anything/)
- Inquisitive (A need to learn everything possible)
- Innocent (Pure and innocent and naive)
- Overconfident (Exaggerated sense of your own abilities)
- Pacifist (Cannot kill any living creature that possesses more intelligence than an insect)
- Perceptive (notices small details or clues others may miss)
- Phobia (Deep seated fear of -your choice-)
- Photographic Memory
- Romantic (You romance easily and are easily romanced)
- Sense of Direction (rarely gets lost)
- Shy (Naturally shy, avoid most social situations if possible)
- Spontaneous (Do things without thinking, spur of the moment)
- Ugly and Doesn't Care (Also remembered for looks)
- Uneducated (Rudimentary knowledge of reading, writing and arithmetic)
- Versatile Sleeper (Mastered the art of catching quick catnaps, fall asleep at will, any time any place)
- Vindictive (Vengeful and go out of their way to correct any slight against them no matter how small)
- Animal Empathy (Instinctive feel for handling animals of all kinds)
- Bad Reputation
- Blandness (Can blend into any crowd)
- Braggart - (Bigger, better, tougher, been there, done that)
- Caregiver (Has someone dependent on them for support)
- Dark Secret (Terrible secret that could have dreadful consequences)
- Distinctive Style (A flair for the dramatic in dress, behavior and speech)
- Eerie Presence (You may be physically unexceptional but there's a creepy feeling around you)
- Family Loyalty (Nothing and no one stands in the way of you and your loyalty to family)
- Favors (Someone did something major for you in the past and you owe them big time. They can call it in, anytime)
- Friendly Face (Easily fits in with new groups)
- Good Reputation (Deservedly or not, the character enjoys a good rep)
- Honor (Strict sense of honor which you must obey)
- Passionate (You feel strongly about things)
- Scapegoat (You just seem to be the guilty party even when asleep you look like you're up to something)
- Trouble Magnet (You attract trouble. If it's going to happen? It'll happen to you)
- Uncouth (No social graces)
- Weirdness Magnet (Whenever weird shit comes down it happens to you)
Please remember that these are merely suggestions and leave plenty of room for other ideas, should you find something fun to add!